Tiffin Parks & Recreation
Picnic Shelters and Barns
Welcome! We are delighted you are considering the Tiffin Park and Recreation as the site for your next party, event or meeting. So that we can maintain the quality of our facilities and keep maintenance cost as low as possible, we ask your cooperation with the following:
Picnic Shelters and Hedges-Boyer Barn
The City of Tiffin Park and Recreation Department maintains 14 picnic shelters at different park locations. There are shelters at the following parks: Applejack (small shelter), Hedges-Boyer Park*,Highland Park, Junior Home Park, Nature Trails Park (small shelter), Oakley Park and Riverview Park (small shelter). Shelters are available on a first come, first use basis with the exception being the shelters and barn at Hedges-Boyer Park.
The picnic shelters and the park barn at Hedges-Boyer can be reserved when not in use for a public event by the Tiffin Park and Recreation Department. Persons or parties with Proof of Registration receive priority use. Picnic Shelters at Hedges-Boyer Park include: the American Legion Shelter, AMVETS Shelter, Lions Shelter, Moose Shelter, Shelter Three, and Shelter Six. The historic Barn at Hedges-Boyer Park is available for your event needs. This is a rustic facility although electric, water, a sink and countertop space are available. A large cement patio is behind the barn for additional seeting. 20 eight foot picnic tables are located in the barn with additional room on the patio. Most shelters have 8-10 picnic tables in them that seet approximatly 6-8 people per table. Grills are also available at all Hedges Boyer Park shelters and the barn.
Reservations are highly recommended for use of any of the Hedges Boyer Park shelters from April through October. Reservations can be made with the Finance Office at 51 E. Market St. or by calling (419) 448-5403. Office hours for the Finance Office are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm weekdays.
Tiffin Park & Recreation
Barn and Shelter Rental Agreement
1. Persons or parties with proof of registration receive priority use.
2. Please allow enough time for your setup and clean up. Both are required for a successful event. Rental fees are to cover reservation of the facility only. Sufficient trash cans are provided at each shelter and the barn for your convenience. If trash cans are full please take your trash with you or, place it in a bag next to a full trash can or you may put it in the dumpster, which is located next to the equipment/tractor sheds in Hedges-Boyer Park Please see that the floors are swept and clear from any debris or litter. You may be charged an additional $25 fee for trash or garbage which is not disposed of properly as well as charged for any damage to park property. Basically, please leave the shelter or barn in the same or better condition as you found it in.
3. Indecent or illegal conduct of any kind is not permitted.
4. Parking is allowed in paved or gravel parking areas and on grass areas, 20 feet from the road and only during summer months. Please be aware of soft or wet grass and DO NOT PARK on grass at anytime when grass is wet or soft.
5. If you rent a facility for the later half of a day, we cannot be responsible for guests who rented the facility during the earlier half of the day. This means you may find a mess at the facility if the previous guest did not clean up after their event.
6. Restroom Facilities are available at the Outdoor City Pool. Porta-Restrooms are available in various locations throughout the park.
7. If you have any suggestions and/or concerns please notify the Park & Recreation Office at 419-448-5408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You for your cooperation!
Click Here to Check Availability: → Calender of Availability
Rates for Hedges-Boyer Park Shelter Rental
Half Day Rental* = $35
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Full day Rental = $45
11:00 am – 11:00 pm
*Note: If you rent a facility for the later half of a day, we cannot be responsible for guest who rented the facility during the earlier half of the day. This means you may find a mess at the facility if the previous guest did not clean up after their event.
Rates for Hedges-Boyer
Half Day Rental* = $75
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
4:00 pm – 11:00 am
Full Day Rental = $100
11:00 am – 11:00 pm